DANNY MCNEIL: I don' t know what' s happened to your boss.
丹尼.麦克内尔:不知道你老板有什么事。
He knows I never start my meetings late.
他知道我从不晚开会的。
Do you want to wait here for Don or would you rather look around?
你要在这儿等堂还是四处走走?
EDWARD GREEN: If it' s alright with you, I' d like to look around.
爱德华.格林:如果你没什么问题,我想四处走走。
DANNY MCNEIL: Good choice.
丹尼.麦克内尔:选的不错。
DANNY McNEIL: Of course, I have two or three meetings a day with sales people like you.
丹尼.麦克内尔:当然,我每天和跟你一样的销售人员开2、3次会。
EDWARD GREEN It' s very good of you to see me.
爱德华.格林: 你能来看我真是太好了。
DANNY MCNEIL: I always talk to my suppliers myself--it' s the best way of working.
丹尼.麦克内尔:我一直跟我的供应商讲--这是最佳的工作方式。
And I always prefer to bring them down here--they get a better idea of our operation.
并且我总是把他们带到这里--他们会有更好的运营想法。
They must understand how we work.
他们必须明白我们是怎样工作的。
Our success is based upon a certain formula.
我们的成功是有一定的规则的。
Whereas most supermarkets target individual territories, our products are pan-European.
尽管大多数超市把目标市场定在单个的区域,我们的产品是面向全欧洲的。
We always buy in the products with the best sales performance--products with a proven track record.
我们总是购买销售最佳的产品--那些被证明有记录的产品。
We look for the biggest discounts, and we usually get them.
我们寻求最大的优惠,通常我们也会得到最大的优惠。
DANNY MCNEIL: Mcneil.
丹尼.麦克内尔:麦克内尔。
DON BRADLEY: Danny, it' s Don Bradley here.
堂.布拉德利:丹尼,我是堂.布拉德利 。
DANNY MCNEIL: Good Morning, Don.
丹尼.麦克内尔:早上好, 堂。
I thought I was meeting you here.
我原以为会在这里跟你见面的。
DON BRADLEY: I' m sorry Danny.
堂.布拉德利:对不起,丹尼。
That was the plan, but I' m going to be late.
本来计划是这样的,但我会迟点。
This meeting is taking longer than expected.
这次会议比预期的要长。
DANNY MCNEIL: Oh. When can you get here?
丹尼.麦克内尔:哦。你什么时候可以到这里?
DON BRADLEY: I' ll be there as soon as I can.
堂.布拉德利:我会尽快赶到那里。
Is Edward with you?
爱德华跟你一起吗?
DANNY MCNEIL: He is.
丹尼.麦克内尔:他在。
DON BRADLEY: Could you start the meeting without me?
堂.布拉德利:你可以不要管我,开始开会吗?
Edward knows the situation.
爱德华知道情况。
Oh, and can I have a quick word with him?
哦,我能跟他很快地说两句吗?
DANNY MCNEIL: I' ll pass the phone to him.
丹尼.麦克内尔:我会把电话给他。
DANNY McNEIL: Okay. It' s for you--it抯 Don Bradley, he抯 got a problem.
丹尼.麦克内尔:好的。找你的--是堂.布拉德利,他出点问题。
EDWARD GREEN: Oh, thanks.
爱德华.格林:哦,谢谢。
DANNY MCNEIL: Would you like a word in private?
丹尼.麦克内尔:你们要私下谈吗?
EDWARD GREEN: If you don' t mind.
爱德华.格林:如果你不介意。
DON BRADLEY: Sorry Edward.
堂.布拉德利:抱歉,爱德华。
I' m stuck in a meeting here.
我还在这边开会。
You' ll have to deal with Mcneil by yourself.
你得自己对付麦克内尔了。
EDWARD GREEN: Oh.
爱德华.格林:哦。
DON BRADLEY: Can you talk?
堂.布拉德利:你说话方便吗?
EDWARD GREEN: Yes, he' s stepped away for a few minutes.
爱德华.格林:是的,他离开了几分钟。
Do you really want me to negotiate?
你真的想让我谈判?
Wouldn' t you rather postpone the meeting?
你不能推迟会议吗?
DON BRADLEY: How do you feel about it?
堂.布拉德利:你认为呢?
EDWARD GREEN: I' m happy to go ahead, I think.
爱德华.格林:我认为,我会很高兴可以继续下去。
DON BRADLEY: You don' t sound sure.
堂.布拉德利:你语气不是很肯定啊。
EDWARD GREEN: I' m not.
爱德华.格林:是不肯定。
DON BRADLEY: Look: we' ve talked about this negotiation.
堂.布拉德利:听我说:我们谈过这次谈判。
You know the game plan.
你也知我们的计划。
Do your best...I' ll be there as soon as I can.
尽力去做……我会尽快赶过去。
EDWARD GREEN: Okay Don.
爱德华.格林:好的,堂。
I' ll do what I can. See you later.
我会尽力的。稍后见。
DANNY MCNEIL: Okay?
丹尼.麦克内尔:好了?
EDWARD GREEN: Yes, thanks.
爱德华.格林:是的,谢谢。
DANNY MCNEIL: So Don can' t make it.
丹尼.麦克内尔:这么说堂赶不及了。
Oh well, right, what was I saying?
哦,好吧,我刚刚说到哪儿了?
Oh yes: discounts.
哦,对了:优惠。
EDWARD GREEN: We' re certainly happy to talk about possible discounts.
爱德华.格林:能谈一下可能的优惠,我们是十分开心的。
DANNY MCNEIL: You see this?
丹尼.麦克内尔:你看到了吗?
EDWARD GREEN: Yes.
爱德华.格林:是的。
DANNY MCNEIL: How many of these do you think we' ve sold in Europe in the last month?
丹尼.麦克内尔:你认为我们上个月在欧洲售出了多少?
EDWARD GREEN: 1,800 - 2,000.
爱德华.格林:1,800 - 2,000件。
DANNY McNEIL: We sell more than that weekly.
丹尼.麦克内尔:我们每周的销售量都比这多。
EDWARD GREEN: How much do you sell it for?
爱德华.格林:你们的定价是多少呢?
DANNY MCNEIL: This retails in France for 130 FF--we sell it much cheaper--90FF.
丹尼.麦克内尔:这个在法国的零售价是130法郎--我们卖的很便宜--90法郎。
EDWARD GREEN: That' s very impressive.
爱德华.格林:很不错嘛。
DANNY MCNEIL: I work on higher volumes and I have to move products faster than any other retailer.
丹尼.麦克内尔:我们做的是更大的量,我必须比其他的零售商工作要快。
That means I operate on smaller margins.
这就意味着我的利润率很低。
And, I repeat, I expect the largest discounts in the industry.
我再次重复,我想要这行里最大的优惠。
But over here--here' s a product that failed.
但,这儿--这个产品我们没有成功。
We made a mistake with this one--of course, I didn' t select this one myself.
我们在这个产品上犯了错--当然,这个不是我本人选的产品。
Right you' ve seen how our operation works.
好了,你也了解了我们的运作情况。
You know what I' m after.
你也知道我想要的是什么。
Let' s get down to business.
我们就公事公办吧。
Would you prefer to talk here or in my office?
你愿意在这儿还是到我的办公室谈?
EDWARD GREEN: The office is fine.
爱德华.格林:到办公室吧。