外贸英语-步入商界11-分析竞争对手(文档2)

上一页 目录页 下一页

 

KATE MCKENNA: E.G.N.C. The company that they always use.
凯特.麦凯纳:E.G.N.C.他们一直用的那家公司。

DON BRADLEY: When is it scheduled?
堂.布拉德利:定在什么时候?

KATE MCKENNA: Something next month, but I haven' t found out the exact date yet.
凯特.麦凯纳:下个月的某个时候,但还没查到具体的日期。

DON BRADLEY: Have you heard what they are spending on TV advertising?
堂.布拉德利:有没有听说他们在电视广告上的花费是多少?

KATE MCKENNA: I don' t know.
凯特.麦凯纳:不知道。

GERALDINE: No, I' m sorry, they are still in a meeting.
杰拉尔丁:不,对不起,他们还在开会。

I don' t know how long they' ll be.
不知道还要开多久。

Let me take your number and I will get one of them to call you back.
我记下你的号码,我会让他们中的一个打回给你。

PETER DAY: It' s good of you to give me a lift.
皮特.戴:你真好,开车送我。

CLIVE HARRIS: It' s no problem.
克莱夫.哈里斯:没什么。

Are you still doing consultancy work for J.K. Toys?
你还在为J.K.玩具公司做顾问工作吗?

PETER DAY: I wondered why you were going out of your way to give me a lift.
皮特.戴:我正在想你为什么大老远地送我,又不顺路。

CLIVE HARRIS: Well, are you?
克莱夫.哈里斯:嗯,你还在做吗?

PETER DAY: Technically no. I' ve just finished.
皮特.戴:可以说不做了。我刚做完。

But that work was confidential.
但那项工作是保密的。

CLIVE HARRIS: Yes, of course.
克莱夫.哈里斯:是的,当然。

You could be working for us, you know, I might need a consultant.
你可以为我们工作,要知道,我们也可能需要顾问。

PETER DAY: Really?
皮特.戴:真的?

CLIVE HARRIS: Well, perhaps.
克莱夫.哈里斯:嗯,或许。

I might need an idea of the best way to react to Dealer Dan.
我需要一个反击“商人丹”的最佳方式的点子。PETER DAY: How did you get to hear about that?
皮特.戴:你怎么知道的?

CLIVE HARRIS: A customer.
克莱夫.哈里斯:一个顾客告诉我们的。

Do you know that Dealer Dan is very like a new toy we have developed?
你知道“商人丹”跟我们的一款新玩具很相似吗?

Dealer Dan could hurt us badly.
“商人丹”可以重创我们。

I don' t want any secrets.
我不要任何秘密。

I don' t want to compromise you, I just want some general information.
我不想为难你,我只想要些大面上的信息。

PETER DAY: How general?
皮特.戴:怎样才算大面上的信息?

KATE MCKENNA: We know their selling price, but what' s their unit cost?
凯特.麦凯纳:我们知道他们的销售价格,但他们的单位成本是怎样的?

DON BRADLEY: Derek, what' s your estimate?
堂.布拉德利:德里克,你的估计是多少?

DEREK JONES: I can' t say.
德里克.琼斯:说不上来。

I don' t know what their production run is.
我们还不知道产品是怎样的。

We haven' t had that information yet.
我们还没有这方面的资料。

DON BRADLEY: Well, Big Boss' s production run is three hundred thousand.
堂.布拉德利:“大老板”的产量是30万。

Will they produce three hundred thousand? Or more?
他们会生产30万吗?或者更多?

DEREK JONES: I don' t know the answer to that one.
德里克.琼斯:这个我不知道。

At that retail price they have to sell a lot of toys.
以那样的零售价,他们要售出很多玩具才行。

DON BRADLEY: It can' t be less than 300 thousand, can it?
堂.布拉德利:但不能少于30万,对吧?

PETER DAY: Thanks for the lift, Clive.
皮特.戴:谢谢你送我,克莱夫。

CLIVE HARRIS: You are something of a specialist in the Far East, aren' t you?
克莱夫.哈里斯:你在远东是名专家,对吧?

PETER DAY: You could say that.
皮特.戴:也可以这样说。

CLIVE HARRIS: Well, when this deal with this Japanese company is settled, we might need your help.
克莱夫.哈里斯:我们和日本公司的交易完成后,我们或许会需要你的帮助。

We shall need a consultant to help set things up.
我们需要一名顾问处理事情。

Of course, the success of Big Boss is a very important part of the deal.
当然,“大老板”的成功是这项交易的一个重要部分。

PETER DAY: When might this happen?
皮特.戴:那会是什么时候?

CLIVE HARRIS: That depends.
克莱夫.哈里斯:这个要看情况。

PETER DAY: The production run is 300,000 units.
皮特.戴:产量是30万件。

CLIVE HARRIS: And the advertising budget?
克莱夫.哈里斯:广告预算呢?

PETER DAY: Clive, I don' t know.
皮特.戴:克莱夫, 不知道。

Really, I don' t know.
真的,我不知道。

创建时间:2007-12-30

上一页 目录页 下一页