外贸英语-步入商界12-商业信函和介绍(文档1)

上一页 目录页 下一页

 

DON BRADLEY: We haven' t decided on a plan of action yet.
堂.布拉德利:我们还没决定行动计划。

We must outline a strategy, but first let me summaries what we' re said so far.
我们必须定出行动纲领,下面我先总结一下大家的发言。

This is a critical situation.
这是个非常危机的形势。

We know that J.K. Toys are playing to win.
我们知道J.K.玩具公司计划大获全胜。

And we know that right now they have the edge.
我们知道,目前他们占有优势。

So, let' s look at the down side.
所以,我们先来看一下不利因素。

What are their advantages?
他们的优势是什么?

They have a larger market share;
他们有更大的市场份额;

they have a cheaper product;
他们的产品更便宜;

they have an earlier launch date,
他们产品上市时间更早,

and we think they have a larger advertising budget.
并且我们认为他们的广告预算很高。

KATE MCKENNA: Their strategy is very clear:
凯特.麦凯纳:他们的策略很清楚:

they want our share of the market, both the European market and the export market.
他们要的是我们的市场份额,包括欧洲市场和出口市场。

DON BRADLEY: We cannot let them succeed.
堂.布拉德利:我们不能让他们成功。

We have to consider which of these factors we can influence.
我们一定要考虑,我们可以影响这些因素中的哪些。

Kate, any ideas?
凯特,你怎么看?

KATE MCKENNA: There are two immediate things we can do:
凯特.麦凯纳:有两件事是我们可以马上做的:

we can increase our advertising budget and bring forward the launch date.
我们可以增加广告预算、提前上市日期。

DON BRADLEY: Derek, is that feasible?
堂.布拉德利:德里克,这行得通吗?

DEREK JONES: I don' t think so.
德里克.琼斯:我看不行。

CLIVE HARRIS: I' ve got some news for you all.
克莱夫.哈里斯:我有些消息要告诉大家。

DON BRADLEY: Okay, just a second.I' ll switch on the speaker.
堂.布拉德利:好的,请稍等。我改成扬声器。

Okay, Clive, go ahead.
好了,克莱夫,说吧。

CLIVE HARRIS: I' ve got some useful information from Peter Day:
克莱夫.哈里斯:我从皮特o戴得到一些有用的资料:

first of all, I think they' re moving too fast.
首先我认为他们走的太快了,

They haven' t done their sums.
他们还没做好准备。

DEREK JONES: Clive, this is Derek.
德里克.琼斯:克莱夫,我是德里克。

Do you know how large their production run' s going to be?
你知道他们的产量会是多少吗?

CLIVE HARRIS: It' s going to be around 300,000 units.
克莱夫.哈里斯:约30万件。

DEREK JONES: That' s about what we hoped--more than 450,000 and we' ve got problems.
德里克.琼斯:和我们想的差不多--45万多,我们有麻烦了。

KATE MCKENNA: This is Kate. I' ve got a question.
凯特.麦凯纳:我是凯特。我有个问题。

CLIVE HARRIS: Go ahead, Kate.
克莱夫.哈里斯:说吧,凯特。

KATE MCKENNA: Were you able to find out anything about their overseas marketing strategy?
凯特.麦凯纳:能查到他们的海外销售策略吗?

CLIVE HARRIS: Well, I' ll tell you this, Kate:
克莱夫.哈里斯:凯特,我这样跟你说吧:

they won' t crack the American market--we' re a few steps ahead of them there,
他们不会动美国市场--我们比他们出手要早,

and I want you to exploit that advantage--you need to get out there fast.
我要你利用这个优势--你要尽快抓住那里的市场。

Look I' ll ring off now.
我现在要挂断了。

' ll get back to the office as soon as I can.
我会尽快赶回办公室。

DON BRADLEY: The most important thing now is to let all of the sales force know about this change in our game plan.
堂.布拉德利:现在最重要的事就是让我们的销售人员了解我们在销售计划方面的变化。

Jenny, we need to write them at once.
詹妮,我们要立刻书面知会他们。

We need to give them some of the background to this--about what J.K. Toys are planning,
我们要给他们一些背景--有关J.K.玩具公司的计划

and about our new marketing strategy--that' s 1. the launch date 2. the price cut.
有关我们新的营销策略--也就是1、上市日期 2、降低价格

And 3. the increased advertising budget.
3、增加广告预算。

创建时间:2007-12-30

上一页 目录页 下一页