外贸英语-步入商界19-交付谈判(文档2)

上一页 目录页 下一页

 

So let' s make a start.
那我们就开始了。

Mr. Jones, would you like to outline your position on the first item on the agenda: technological specifications?
琼斯先生,请你大体描述一下对议程第一条:技术规范的看法,好吗?

DEREK JONES: Thank you.
德里克.琼斯:谢谢。

I think that we need to consider a couple of options when we look at this question...
我认为我们对这个问题应该要考虑几个选择……FAX REP: So that' s fine.
传真机代表:这样就没问题了。

You can sign the contract when we deliver the machine.
你们可以在我们送传真机时再签合同。

JENNY ROSS: How soon can we expect delivery?
詹妮.罗斯:要等多久能送到?

FAX REP: Well, would next Tuesday be convenient?
传真机代表:下周二方便吗?

JENNY ROSS: No, we really need it today.
詹妮.罗斯:不,我们今天就很需要。

FAX REP: I' m afraid that' s just not possible.
传真机代表:恐怕,这是不可能的。

JENNY ROSS: Well, what is the earliest you can deliver?
詹妮.罗斯:那么,你们最早什么时候可以送到?

FAX REP: We can' t do it before Friday afternoon.
传真机代表:我们在周五下午前不可能送到。

JENNY ROSS: Well, I' m afraid we really need the machine by tomorrow at the latest or I' m going to have to look elsewhere.
詹妮.罗斯:恐怕我们最迟明天就要,不行我去找别家了。

FAX REP: Okay, I' ll see what I can do.
传真机代表:好的,我会看看我能做些什么。

JENNY ROSS: I' m sorry but that just isn' t good enough.
詹妮.罗斯:对不起,不过这还不够。I must have a guarantee of delivery by tomorrow.
我必须有明天交货的保证。

FAX REP: I' ll need to speak to my boss.
传真机代表:我要跟老板说。

Can I call you back in ten minutes?
我10分钟后再打回给你,好吗?

MS WONG: I' m sorry.
黄女士:对不起。

This is a very difficult situation.
这是个很难的形势。

I understand your problem, but you must see our position.
我能理解你们的问题,但你也要看到我们的处境。

We think this is a very exciting project,
我们认为折射个很令人激动的项目,

but because we cannot find a compromise I' m afraid we can go no further.
但因为我们不能找到这种的办法,恐怕无法再谈下去了。

CLIVE HARRIS: We cannot go higher than 14 for 30,000 units.
克莱夫.哈里斯:我们生产3万件的成本不能高于14。

That is our final offer.
这是我们最后的报价了。

MS WONG: But you must realise that at this price our margin is unacceptable.
黄女士:但你要认识到,我们的利润是无法接受的。

So, I think we have covered all the items on today' s agenda,
我想我们已经谈过了所有议程上的项目,

I am sorry that we have reached no solution on the final item which is the Mark 2 project.
很抱歉未能在最后 马克二世这个项目达成解决方案。

Could I suggest that we adjourn for today and meet tomorrow morning at ten o' clock?
我建议今天的会议延期,我们明天上午10点再开,好吗?

JENNY ROSS: Is Clive back yet?
詹妮.罗斯:克莱夫回来了吗?

GERALDINE: He phoned about twenty minutes ago--said he was on his way.
杰拉尔丁:他大约20分钟前打过电话--他说在路上了。

He didn' t sound very happy.
听起来,他不怎么高兴。

JENNY ROSS: Oh dear.
詹妮.罗斯:哦,天啊。

I wanted to ask him about taking a couple of days off.
我还想向他请几天假呢。

GERALDINE: I' d suggest that you wait.
杰拉尔丁:我建议你还是等等。

I don' t think that...
我认为,不该……

GERALDINE: Oh, Mr. Harris there' s a message from...
杰拉尔丁:哦,哈里斯先生有你的留言,来自……

CLIVE HARRIS: Geraldine, I' m in a meeting with Derek.
克莱夫.哈里斯:杰拉尔丁,我在和德里克开会。

Hold all my calls.
我不接任何电话。

JENNY ROSS: I see what you mean!
詹妮.罗斯:明白了!

GERALDINE: I' ve never seen Derek look so angry.
杰拉尔丁:我还没看过德里克这么生气过。

What' s going on?
发生了什么事?

JENNY ROSS: I don' t know.
詹妮.罗斯:不知道。

Have they had an argument?
他们争吵了吗?

KATE MCKENNA:Well! That was an interesting journey!
凯特.麦凯纳:好啊!!真是有趣啊!

Twenty minutes of total silece.
总共沉默了20分钟。

JENNY ROSS: What' s going on?
詹妮.罗斯:发生了什么事?

KATE MCKENNA: I think the word to describe the situation is"eadlock".
凯特.麦凯纳:我想现在的情况可以用“僵局”来形容。

CLIVE HARRIS: Derek, you are being unreasonable.
克莱夫.哈里斯:德里克,你是在无理取闹。

DEREK JONES: Me? Why won' t you move on fourteen?
德里克.琼斯:我?你为什么不提到14?

CLIVE HARRIS: Derek, we have been through this.
克莱夫.哈里斯:德里克,关于这一点我们已经谈过了。

We have agreed our negotiating position.
我们已经同意了谈判的立场。

DEREK JONES: I have never agreed to this position.
德里克.琼斯:我从未同意过这个立场。

We aren' t offering any flexibility.
我们不做任何调整。

They have to protect their margins.
他们一定要保护他们的利润。

CLIVE HARRIS: Then we can' t do the project.
克莱夫.哈里斯:那么我们就不能做我们的项目了。

DEREK JONES: That' s your decision, is it?
德里克.琼斯:这是你的决定,是吗?

CLIVE HARRIS: Derek, I have no choice.
克莱夫.哈里斯:德里克,我别无选择。

DEREK JONES: I'm sorry Clive. I can' t accept that.
德里克.琼斯:对不起,克莱夫。我不能接受。

CLIVE HARRIS: What are you saying?
克莱夫.哈里斯:你说什么?

DEREK JONES: I' m giving in my resignation.
德里克.琼斯:我要辞职。

CLIVE HARRIS: That' s ridiculous.
克莱夫.哈里斯:太荒谬了。

You' re tired. Sleep on it and we' ll talk in the morning.
你累了。先睡一觉,我们明早再谈。

创建时间:2007-12-30

上一页 目录页 下一页