外贸英语-步入商界05-描述公司产品(文档2)

上一页 目录页 下一页

 

EDWARD GREEN: "Some toys talk, some toys listen. But Big Boss talks and listens to you."
爱德华.格林:有些玩具可以说话,有些玩具可以倾听。但“大老板”既能说又会听。

PHIL WATSON: And here, and here are the pictures.
菲尔.沃森:这里是一些图片。

They show Big Boss with the accessories.
他们显示了“大老板” 及其附件。

What do you think?
你认为怎么样?

EDWARD GREEN: The pictures are okay, but I don' t like the copy.
爱德华.格林:图片还好,但我不喜欢文本。

PHIL WATSON: Why not?
菲尔.沃森:为什么?

EDWARD GREEN: It' s not exciting. It doesn' t sell the product.
爱德华.格林:还不够令人振奋。不利于产品销售。

PHIL WATSON: "Some toys talk, some toys listen.
菲尔.沃森:有些玩具可以说话,有些玩具可以倾听。

Big Boss talks and listens to you."
但 “大老板”既能说又会听。

EDWARD GREEN: It' s not the way you say the words, it' s the words themselves.
爱德华.格林:不是讲这些文字的方式,而是文字本身的问题。

They' re not right.
这些字有问题。

PHIL WATSON: "Some toys talk, some toys listen ..."
菲尔.沃森:有些玩具可以说话,有些玩具可以倾听……

EDWARD GREEN: No! No! I want new words.
爱德华.格林:不!不!我想要用新词。

Words that give Big Boss status. Words that make important.
那些可以显示“大老板”身价的话。那些使得它重要的话。

DEREK JONES: Let' s move from the general to the specific.
德里克.琼斯:我们还是由繁到简吧。

I' m going to talk about two of our products.
我要谈两个产品。

Friendly Fish and Mad Monkey are two products that use the same mechanism.
Friendly Fish和Mad Monkey 这两个产品用的是同一个机制。

It is a simple mechanism...
这个机制很简单……

But this diagram here shows how well the mechanism works with the design of the product.
但这里有个图表显示出这个机制与产品的设计是多么地合拍。

For instance, take a look ...
例如,看一下……

EDWARD GREEN: I don' t like the slogan.
爱德华.格林:我不喜欢这个标语。

PHIL WATSON: No. It' s no right.
菲尔.沃森:不好。这是不对的。

EDWARD GREEN:"Every office needs a new boss".
爱德华.格林:每个办公室需要一个新老板。

It' s just not right. Any ideas?
这样不对。有没有新想法?

PHIL WATSON: "Some bosses are big; some bosses are small...Big Boss is the best!"
菲尔.沃森:有些老板是大的,有写是小的 …… “大老板”上做好的。

EDWARD GREEN: No.
爱德华.格林:不好。

KATE MCKENNA: ...So this slide here shows a total net income from the previous year.
凯特.麦凯纳:……这张幻灯片显示的是去年总的净收入。

The blue line represents income from those products in the low volume niche market category.
兰色的线条表示的是来自量小的利基市场类的产品收入。

The red line represents products in the high volume, low margin category.
红色的线条代表的是来自低利润率而量大的产品收入。

MR. SAKAI: Excuse me, what does the dotted line represent?
酒井先生:打扰一下,虚线代表的是什么?

KATE MCKENNA: I' m sorry, this dotted line represents income from accessories and add ones.
凯特.麦凯纳:对不起, 这条虚线代表的是来自配件和附加产品的收入。

MR. SAKAI: Thank you. And why the sharp decrease in February?
酒井先生:谢谢。为什么二月份的收入有个突降?

KATE MCKENNA: This is a combination of two things:
凯特.麦凯纳:这牵涉到两个方面:

First, seasonal factors, and second the end of the product life cycle.
首先是季节性因素,其次是产品生命周期结束。
First, seasonal factors, and second the end of the product life cycle.

菲尔.沃森:好的。那这就是不对的。

We' ll get you some alternatives tomorrow or the day after.
我们明后天会给你些选择。

EDWARD GREEN: No. I think I' ve got it.
爱德华.格林:不。我想好了。

"The one boss your office needs".
你办公室需要的是这个大老板。

PHIL WATSON: "The one boss your office needs".
菲尔.沃森:你办公室需要的是这个大老板。

That' s good. That' s the slogan.
这个好。就用它作标语吧。

MR. SAKAI: Thank you for your very interesting presentation.
酒井先生:谢谢你们的演示,很有趣。

I would like to tell you one or two things about our operation.
我要告诉你们一、两件有关我们运营的事情。

As you know, we specialise in electronic games.
正如你们多了解的,我们专门经营电子游戏。

We have a very large market share in the Far East.
我们在远东有很大的市场分额。

We manufacture computerized games for young children.
我们为青少年生产电脑游戏。

Some games are for adults.
有些游戏上为成年人制作的。

This game for example is the number one best seller in Japan.
例如这个游戏就是日本最畅销的游戏。

The office workers love it.
办公室工作人员都喜欢。

We know the market responds well to any kind of hi-tech executive toy.
我们知道,市场对任何一种高科技玩具都反响良好。

Big Boss can succeed in the same market.
“大老板”在同一市场上也会取得成功。

But there is one question I would like to ask.
但我要问一个问题。

It is possible to launch Big Boss before January 28th?
在1月28日前推出“大老板”有可能吗?

DON BRADLEY: January 28th?
堂.布拉德利:1月28日? 

创建时间:2007-12-30

上一页 目录页 下一页