外贸英语-步入商界08-带人参观公司(文档1)

上一页 目录页 下一页

 

EDWARD GREEN: Phil, thanks for coming.
爱德华.格林:菲尔, 谢谢你的来访。

PHIL WATSON: I' m sorry I' m late.
菲尔.沃森:对不起,我迟到了。

EDWARD GREEN: No problem.
爱德华.格林:没关系。

PHIL WATSON: The traffic was very bad.
菲尔.沃森:交通太糟糕了。

EDWARD GREEN: You have been here before, haven' t you?
爱德华.格林:你以前来过,对吧?

PHIL WATSON: Once. A very short visit to Don Bradley' s office.
菲尔.沃森:来过一次。就用很短的时间参观了一下堂.布拉德利的办公室。

EDWARD GREEN: Perhaps I could show you around after the meeting.
爱德华.格林:或许会后我可以带你四处看看。

PHIL WATSON: Yes, please.
菲尔.沃森:好,有劳了。

EDWARD GREEN: I' ll give you the guided tour.
爱德华.格林:我会带你参观的。

CLIVE HARRIS: Thanks for going to Southford Components yesterday.
克莱夫.哈里斯:谢谢 你昨天亲临Southford Components。

DON BRADLEY: It was no problem.
堂.布拉德利:没什么。

CLIVE HARRIS: I want to keep Derek working on Big Boss.
克莱夫.哈里斯:我想要德里克不要停下“大老板”。

So what did you think of the Southford set up?
你认为南佛的布置怎样?

DON BRADLEY: This is their sales brochure.
堂.布拉德利:这是他们的销售手册。

They seem quite competent.
看起来很有竞争力

CLIVE HARRIS: Where is it?
克莱夫.哈里斯:在什么地方?

DON BRADLEY: It' s just by the freeway near intersection eight.
堂.布拉德利:就在八号立交桥附近的高速公路旁。

It' s in a large Greenfield site in a new development.
就在新发展区的商场。

CLIVE HARRIS: Who did you see there?
克莱夫.哈里斯:你都见了谁?

DON BRADLEY: I had a long meeting with the C.E.O.
堂.布拉德利:我和他们的总裁开了个长会。

They have excellent robotics and a hi-tech production line.
他们的机器人技术很棒,有一条高科技生产线。

CLIVE HARRIS: It looks impressive.
克莱夫.哈里斯:看起来很不错。

DON BRADLEY: There are their R & D laboratories.
堂.布拉德利:他们有研发实验室。

They have a very big budget.
预算很大。

They commit five percent of their profit to that department.
他们把5%的利润都投到了这个部门。

And they' re doing some very innovative work in solar energy.
他们在太阳能方面做了些创新的工作。

CLIVE HARRIS: Okay, so what' s the down side?
克莱夫.哈里斯:好的,那么不好的一面是有那些?

DON BRADLEY: Well, I' m slightly unhappy about a couple of things.
堂.布拉德利:哦,我对几件事不是很满意。

They are expensive.
他们有些贵。

We could buy in components cheaper from another source.
我们可以从其他供应商那里买到更便宜的部件。

And they do supply a lot of companies, including one or two of our rivals.
他们确实为很多公司供货,包括一、两个我们的竞争对手。

However they took me out for an excellent lunch!
不过,他们带我去吃的午餐确实不错!

CLIVE HARRIS: So what do you think?
克莱夫.哈里斯:那你认为怎么样?

DON BRADLEY: Well, I can see that they' re a strong option,
堂.布拉德利:哦,我认为他们是个强有力的选择,

but I am seeing a couple of other suppliers next week.
不过下周我会见几个其他的供货商。

CLIVE HARRIS: Well, let' s wait and see.
克莱夫.哈里斯:那就等等看。

CLIVE HARRIS: Come in.
克莱夫.哈里斯:近来。

EDWARD GREEN: Sorry to interrupt but Phil is here with the designs.
爱德华.格林:抱歉打断了你,不过菲尔带着设计过来了。

DON BRADLEY: Okay, I' m coming right now.
堂.布拉德利:好的,我马上来。

HOTEL RECEPTIONIST: I' m very sorry about Ms. McKenna' s booking.
宾馆接待员:麦凯纳女士预订的事,我很抱歉。

It' s my fault.
是我的错。

How stupid of me. I didn' t check.
我真笨,没检查一下。

ASSISTANT MANAGER: Don' t worry about it, Samantha, but please be careful in the future.
助理经理:别担心,萨曼塔,但今后要细心。

KATE MCKENNA: Sorry to interrupt,
凯特.麦凯纳:对不起,打扰一下,

but before I go, I would like to speak to someone about conference facilities.
在我离开之前我想了解一下会议设施。

ASSISTANT MANAGER: Of course. Let me show you what we can offer.
助理经理:当然。让我来向你展示我们能做什么。

How many people are involved?
有多少人?

KATE MCKENNA: I need to arrange a day' s presentation to about sixty agents.
凯特.麦凯纳:我需要安排约60人的演示,时间是一天。

ASSISTANT MANAGER: Have you time now to look at our facilities?
助理经理:你现在有时间看一下我们的设施吗?

KATE MCKENNA: I' ve ten minutes.Could we do it fairly quickly?
凯特.麦凯纳:我有10分钟的时间。我们能不能行动快点?

ASSISTANT MANAGER: Of course. You say you need a room for sixty people?
助理经理:当然。你说要60人的房间?

KATE MCKENNA: Yes, that' s right.
凯特.麦凯纳:是的。

ASSISTANT MANAGER: And it' s a presentation, isn' t it?

助理经理:是做演示,是吧?

Here' s our main conference room.
这是我们的主会议室。

It has excellent projection facilities.
有很好的放映设备。

We have full stereo sound, video, 35 mm slides. You name it, we have it.
我们有立体声、视频及35 毫米幻灯片。只要你说出来,我们都有。

KATE MCKENNA: How much is this for the day?
凯特.麦凯纳:那一天是多少钱?

ASSISTANT MANAGER: We have a standard rate of $900 per half day which includes coffee and biscuits.
助理经理:我们标准收费是900美元半天,包括咖啡和饼干。

KATE MCKENNA: That' s quite expensive.
凯特.麦凯纳:那很贵啊。

ASSISTANT MANAGER: Perhaps we could work something out.
助理经理:也许我们可以再商量。

Shall we go back to my office?
去一下我的办公室怎样?

创建时间:2007-12-30

上一页 目录页 下一页